Tuesday, April 27, 2010

IGNORANCE IS BLISS?

I've been on a "screen" blackout, including TV and Instapundit for the last week - an assignment from my son's 2nd grade classroom teacher.

I convinced him that I still needed to go to Yahoo! to check my e-mail b/c people assume they're reaching me that way. At the same time, I'm getting to see headlines, and I've browsed a few links, but not many.

But, truly, as the saying goes, ignorance is bliss. I haven't had to be worked up over any of this for a week. In the long run, I don't think that being part of an uneducated electorate is a good idea, but it was a nice reprieve for awhile. But, don't get me wrong, as nice as the reprieve was, this is my first day back to "the screen" and here I am at breakfast, reading instapundit links and blogging.

The break, however, did give me a perspective that stepped away from the up to the minute daily news and allowed me to think about it all in a more broad way.

I may not be able to go to a Tea Party or run for office or anything like that, but there is one thing I can do. Pray. Some might say that's equivalent to "thinking about it" but I don't believe that's true. I believe that prayer is the work. Only God can make changes as sweeping as we need them. But, that same God will use you and me to do it. But, we can't do it on our own - we need the power of the Holy Spirit to equip us for every good work.

We all have an opportunity next Thursday, May 6, to do something that can make a difference. It is the National Day of Prayer. While, we can pray each and every day on our own, there is something profound about the entire body of Christ praying for the same thing at the same time. So, on May 6, pray for our nation; pray for our world; and pray for your own community. And remind others to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment