Friday, May 21, 2010

ACCURACY OF THE BIBLE

I've started reading the book of Isaiah in the Old Testament. It has tons of prophecy in it. I am fairly familiar with the prophecies of Jesus Christ's birth, life, crucifixion, and resurrection that have all come to pass. While I know that hundreds of other prophecies in the Bible have been fulfilled, I am not as familiar with them. As I begin to read Isaiah, I find myself curious as to how the many prophecies have been fulfilled. I haven't found every answer yet, but I did find an illuminating online resource, ChristianAnswers.net that has a section called How do we know the Bible is true? that I'll share here.

It speaks of the consistency of the Bible through fulfilled prophecy, historical accuracy, scientific accuracy, and its structure. It is not a comprehensive look, but a one-page good taste of the evidence for its authenticity.

There have been tons of books written on the subject. It is fascinating and amazing to recognize the unequalled evidence and accuracy of prophecy in the Bible. It makes the prophecy yet to be fulfilled that much more compelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment