Thursday, May 20, 2010

LOOKING INWARD

As I commit to praying for our nation, I am finding that God wants me first to confess where I have erred in my thinking. He has used His Word to teach me.

It's a familiar verse, but spoke to me with new meaning today.
Matthew 7:3
"Why do you look at the speck of saw-dust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, "Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clelarly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."
Eesh. That hurts. How many times have I accused this administration of hypocrisy? Surely, it is there, but I have to search inside of me and see that I have been, too.

Then, He gave me this to console me,
Job 5:3 "Blessd is the man whom God corrects: So do not despise the discipline of the Almighty."
Forgive me, Lord. I have been too quick to criticize. I have been a bit self righteous in my own thinking. Remove my sin, that I might see more clearly what it is You really want me to spend my time thinking about. I have dwelt too much on my anger toward those in power. Evil makes you angry too. And, you are the judge. Help me to spend less time and energy on being mad, and instead guide me to pray for the precise needs of our country - of the people. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment