Wednesday, March 24, 2010

ATTACKS

I have the news on, but I'm not listening to closely. The one word I keep hearing over and over in almost every story is "attack." Cyber attacks, anti-Obamacare attack on Congressmen, attacks on police in Hemmit, CA. There may be more, even, but that's all I can think of right now.

They're all disturbing. I'm particularly annoyed with the anti-Obamacare threats toward Congressmen who voted for healthcare. The hallmark of the Tea Parties is non-violence. This report of threats is very troubling and destructive. There are ways to protest; peaceful gatherings, contacting Congressmen, and the ballot box. Threatening someone's life or lives of their families is reprehensible. I hope that those crazy people don't give the left more fodder to justify their earlier claims of crazy tea partiers. The threats are insane and crazy. The tea party movements and its members are not.

People will blame this on people like Glen Beck and Limbaugh for their fear tactics. Let's keep it a revolution of ideas and words.

I haven't heard every piece of this. It may be (hopefully) being overstated. I think I heard something about threatening to set them on fire. I think the "fire" analogy just might be an analogy. They are going to get fired in November. Resorting to threatening their family in any way, however, is completely over the top and criminal.

The other "attacks" in the news today are troubling also, but that's for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment